Frequently Asked Questions

What is distance Education?

It is the system of education in which learners are located away from the institution and the teachers and get education through interactive radio counseling, teleconferencing, academic counseling classes, contact programmes etc.

How we help you?

You can get all the possible assistance from our regional centre. You are at liberty to make queries through phone, written communication or visit personally to the centre. You will get information about the latest courses, receipt of study materials, assignments and examination forms etc.

What are assignments and why are they necessary?

In our system of education learners are located away from the teacher and get very little opportunity to interact with them face to face. For most of our programmes, attendance in counseling session at study centres is not mandatory. In such a situation assignments play an important role in the teaching learning process.

When and where should I submit the assignments?

You should submit the assignment responses at your SC/PSC as per the date mentioned in the assignment booklet given by the HQ. If you have requested for change/transfer of RC/SC/PSC, you should submit assignments at the old SC/PSC till the records are changed/transferred and you receive the intimation to this effect.

What to do if  I do not receive Assignments?

You can approach your SC/RC/ friends. For some programme you can download form IGNOU website

Can I improve my assignment grade by re-doing them?

No. You cannot improve an assignment grade after getting pass grade/marks. Re-doing of assignment is possible only if you fail or if you do not get overall passing grade /marks. However, for getting overall assignments grade, you may opt for improving assignment grade.

When are the Term-End-Examination (TEE) conducted.?

The University conducts TEE twice a year tentatively in June and December.

 What the procedure for Payment of Fee ?

Fees can be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at Jammu or pay through Credit/Debit Card online or POS machine installed at the Regional Centre Jammu.

 What I should do if I lose my ID card?

You can get a duplicate copy of Identity card from the regional centre against a DD for Rs 250/- in favour of IGNOU payable at Jammu, along with an application and one recent passport size photograph.

What should I do if  my validity period of  registration is over ?

In such case you have to get re-admission and for that you should contact your regional centre immediately.

We need your feedback

We are always looking forward for your feedback and welcome your suggestions. Please contact us on the following address:

IGNOU Regional Centre, Govt. SPMR College of Commerce premises,
Canal Road, Jammu-180001 (J&K)
Phone: 0191-2546529, Fax: 0191-2585154

E-mail :